Happy New Year, Everyone! Yes, I know we are three weeks into the new year, but 2020 rolled in and just got started. Seriously! I’ve already gone on my first out of town trip for the year< Park City, look out for my blog post coming soon.Had a mini staycation in Santa Fe over the weekend and have been super busy with work and business. It’s been a good start to the year but with less time to sit down and do the things I usually do at the beginning of each year. Usually, I start my new year writing down my goals and resolution for the year, but this year I just haven’t gotten to it. So here we go! A review of what I hoped to accomplish in 2019. What worked out and what didn’t, and what I’m hoping to accomplish in 2020. My motto for 2020 is “Finishing What I Started,” and finishing up the many things I started in 2019.
I hit the ground running in 2019, ready to accomplish so many things, especially with my blog, but in every day life as well. 2019 was a great year for travel. With the best of intentions, February came, and my plan was completely derailed. So many things happened during the month of February I really felt like I had the wind knocked out of my sails and I lost momentum. Even my blog stats show February and March being my lowest numbers of the year. Little by little I got back on track and was able to accomplish many of the things I set out to at the beginning of the year but I wasn’t sad to see 2019 go and I’m hoping 2020 brings lots of good things my way.
+Blogging– Below are my 2019 blog goals and in italics is what actually happened and whether they were accomplish or not.
- Sharing more about myself, making sure my blog is more personal and really shows you all who I am. (I really worked on this over 2019, on my blog, but a lot through social media. I still struggle with sharing too much of myself and talking on camera, but will definitely be adding some this to my goals for 2020.)
- Consistent posting. Aiming for 2 posts each week. (Yikes, I mean, I had really great intentions but this just did not happen. On average I shared a blog post 1x-2x each month. This is something I really need to focus on for 2020 to get my blog views and blog income where I would like it to be.)
- She’s Such a Jam Monthly Roundup. (I still think this is a good idea but it is something I just never got started. I was hoping to start a monthly catch up to share more about me and my day to day life with you all, but like I said, didn’t happen. Hey, you never know, maybe this month you’ll see the first installment of She’s Such a Jam!)
- Increase WordPress followers. (Yay, finally something that I did accomplish to a point. My WordPress followers increased over the year. I actually saw how many followers I had the other day and was a little surprised because I remember when I had like five WordPress followers. This will be something I continue to work on over 2020.)
- Monthly newsletter and email list. (Okay, can we say no, again! I didn’t do this, but the more I talk to other bloggers both of these ideas are important in growing your blog, so I have to get on it in 2020.)
- Increase social media following. (This one is another yes. At the beginning of 2019 I started an Instagram and Facebook page for Charming Jay and have been pretty successful and growing my following.)
- Upgrading my blogging equipment(camera, computer, editing programs.) (Another definite yes! New camera, computer, photo editing programs all came in 2019 and helped me produced better content for sure.)
+Blogging Goals 2020
- Increase WordPress followers.
- Blog post at least 2 times each month.
- Increase monthly blog views.
- Add ads to blog.
- Increase blog income.
- Start email list.
- 10k Instagram followers.
- Step my Pinterest game up! 800k-1 million views per month.
- Photography class.
+ Health & Fitness-2019– I started working on my health & fitness, again. I had my ups and downs but was able to finish the year with progress made and fitting into my skiing pants, which I tried on last year and did not fit me and were the number one reason I decided I need to get back to work on my fitness. My goal in 2020 is really to finish what I started! No more really good months and then falling off. Just consistently eating well, working out and meeting goals.
- Get back to activities I love (Dancefit/yoga) at least 3x/week. (Yes, to all of this. I danced my way through 2019, especially the difficult months. I even got back to lifiting weights in the gym which is something my body needs and had been missing.)
- Start 20 minute Beachbody program. (Finally!! I had been wanting to try Beachbody for a while and 2019 I made it happen. I did the workouts consistently for a few months but then started going to the gym more and haven’t logged on for a while.)
- Workout before work at least 2x/week. (Okay, no to this one, this never happened and I’m not surprised. I already wake up at 5:30 am to get ready for work, so getting up at 5 or 4:45 is something I just couldn’t make happen and I’m okay with that.)
- Weekly meal prep. (I did lots of meal prepping in 2019. Meal prepping really helped me hit some goals and I’m hoping to get back on it and really get to my goal weight and strength goals in the next few months.)
+Health & Fitness Goals-2020
- Dance 2x/week
- Weights 2-3x/week
- Yoga 1x/week
- Increase amount of weight I can lift and gain more muscle.
- Consistent meal prepping.
- Goal weight by May!
+Lifestyle & Travel-I always put lots of work into my daily life, working on projects, planning trips, scheduling time with family and friends. This is the fun stuff for me and usually happens without much thought, but I still always like to write down my hopeful plans and ideas to see what comes to happen each year.
- More time with family, especially my mom. (Did a lot of this but always want to spend more time and cherish my mom.)
- Visit 1 new country. (Beilze & Guatemala)
- Visit/Sleep in one new state (USA.) (Sure did! Washington.)
- Explore a new place in my own state (New Mexico.) (I feel like I am always doing this, but yes, check out new hot springs over the year, new restaurants and coffee shops in my own city and always hope to keep doing this.)
- Girls trip! (Yes, went on several girls trips over the year and loved every one!)
- One great concert. (So much yes! Maluma, Post Malone, Khalid, Kacey Musgraves.)
- Finish upstairs loft. (Did this and I love my loft it’s where I literally spend most of my time when I’m home now.)
- Outdoor patio completed. (90% completed this goal. Just need a few landscaping touches in the backyard and I’m all done with the backyard/patio area.)
- House paint update. (Did this and am so glad I did. Paint made such a difference and gave downstairs a much needed update.)
- Less spending more saving. (Okay, well, not so much. I traveled a lot, worked on my house and didn’t do as much saving as I should have.
+Travel & Lifestyle 2020
- Spending as much time with my mom as possible, calling her more.
- Spending time with my girlfriends, nurturing my relationships with the people who are in my life year to year.
- Visit 2 new counties.
- Sleep in one new US state.
- One great concert.
- Kitchen update.
- De-clutter, get rid of excesses cosmetics, clothes, electronics, etc.
- Paint upstairs loft.
- Finish backyard(Gravel, new flower bed, plant vines.)
- One project at the ranch(road, demo, something!)
- Save money. For real this time.
Well, there you have it! My 2020 goals! I’d love to hear what you all are hoping to accomplish over the year, and remember, even when things do not work out as planned, you can still recover and accomplish the things you set out to.