Happy Spring, Everyone!! I’m currently on Spring Break and working on blog posts and business appointments before I head off on a mini vacation to get someone sunshine in my life a little later this week. I’ve been busy uploading and editing pictures and writing posts. Look for everything I’ve been up to in my first installment of She’s Such A Jam Catch Up, coming later this week.
In the mean time, something I’ve been working on the last 3 months, a little bit of healthy eating and meal planning. This is one of favorite, go to recipes for the week. It’s easy, super tasty and keeps me always feeling like I just had a burger. Something I love to eat.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- Cheddar Cheese
- Butter lettuce
- Onions, Jalapenos, Mushrooms (Any veggies you like on your burger to make it extra tasty)
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt, Pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp spicy mustard
- Combine ground beef, egg, garlic salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce in large bowl. Mix together well with hands.
- Shape into burger patties and cook on a stove top or grill to your liking.
- In a separate pan, grill onion, and jalapenos and any other veggies you’ve decided to add, until crispy and brown.
- Top burger patty with cheese, onions and jalapenos.
- Chop veggies for salad. Add any veggies you like on your burger. I personally love pickles so it’s a must on my salad, but you use what you love.
- Add your spicy mustard and enjoy. I sometimes will add a little ketchup or avocado mayo, if I’m feeling like it. I always try and be careful with condiments, measure them out and try not to add too many unwanted calories.
That’s it! You’re ready to enjoy your Cheese Burger Salad and do not have to feel guilty about it with this healthy recipe! Hope you guys give it a try and enjoy!
I also, love to prep this meal during meal planning for the week. This is how I portion everything out for my lunch during the week. I add a portion of fruit for my morning breakfast or afternoon snack. Easy, healthy and delicious during my busy work day I’m able to prep the day before.